Sunday, April 4, 2010

The day I died I little inside. Not! But Eugene Terreblanche died for REALZ!

Well if you’re a South African black and you are truly honest about your feeling you will be currently experience the same merriment I do that has nothing to do with the resurrection of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Let me wish you a Happy Easter in case I forget during my descent into the dark world of rejoicing when another dies.

Eugene Terreblanche, affectionately known as ET to his enemies and known as “Eugene The Terrible” to those of us who despised everything he stood for was bludgeoned to death by two of his farm workers at his farm on the eve of Easter Sunday. The same day, incidentally that Chris Hani was gunned down by two white men so many years ago! The reason they say they killed him was because he was refusing to pay them their wages.

ETT was a white supremacist and founder and leader of the AWB, an Afrikaner Resistance Movements whose proper name I cannot be bothered to learn to spell. His body was discovered on his bed with his alleged murder weapon, a machete and a knobkerrie lying next to him. His attackers were both young, 21 and 15-years-old.

In 1997 he was sentenced to jail for assaulting a work and trying to kill another. But now that he has been killed we must all cry buckets treat his memory with respect.

[Pardon me a moment her while I laugh raucously and snort most a unladylike manner]

Sadly for all us who hated this man, his murder comes on the heels of another Julius Malema controversy! JM has recently taken to singing a song that means Kill The Farmer (Dubula Ibhunu).

OHO!

Kill the Farmer and a Farmer Numero Uno DIES?


Well AWB says LET’S AVENGE ET’s DEATH!

Essentially they mean we declare war on blacks of cause but I think it would be illegal to say that outright.

So now instead of looking forward to the many braais I wanted held over ETT’s grave while we danced merrily away I found myself practicing a spot of Desktop Activism this morning. I was nearly late for church as I sat furiously typing, my little thumb flying while I tried to put on my pantyhose with the other hand.

I managed to get into a scuffle with a few white supremacists and a born-again Christian who swore like a hooker who just realized the John’s money is short! Eyes watering in shock from the pain of waking into a table corner I fielded the compliments from those who agreed with me while dodging the verbal vitriol from everyone else!

For the first time in a LOOONG time Facebook was fun!

Now I’m off to make myself a wonderful Easter Dinner for One.

A terrible man died a terrible death at the hands of those he despised! The poetic justice of it all makes me shiver with foreboding. And now we await the wrath of the AWB with mild disinterest.

2 comments:

  1. Two for the price of one:

    1. I don't know who this guy is but I think I am glad he's dead, if I can say that.

    2. Not much on Cape wine country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice piece. I think Hayibo said it best :D

    ReplyDelete

Sew your piece on this patchwork