Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fly in the ointment

Isn't there always an a fly in the ointment?

Of course there is, there is no fool proof plan, no perfect situation and no glitch-free route. And yet when you hit those figurative potholes of life, you are always surprised and if you're like me left staring up at sky and thinking, "God did you have to put me on my back so I could look up to you?"

It's been one of those weeks you love to see the back ends of. I have no real reason to look forward to the weekends. It's all the same to me. So I guess just this once, I'm looking forward to it. I've spent the day thinking about how I could make this weekend seem like a real break for me. I've enlisted the help of my three trusted pals, my kids and maid. We're getting together later today to compare notes. I'm all for a braai and a game-off! But then I'm boring. The challenge is that it must all be done here at home.

And you wonder what that fly in the ointment is right? If I can write about it without wanting to cry after the weekend, I'll share!

Speaking of which, I need a pay off line for this here blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your weekend is somehow tolerable. Can't think of a tagline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My weekends aren't bad, we just don't do much. Or at least I don't. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sew your piece on this patchwork