Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Girly Blog for Girly Girl

Ha! So my boyfriend, who shall henceforth be known as TJ, and will never again be referred to as a "boyfriend" sardonically asked if this would be yet another girly blog.

He, charming man that he is and oh-so-clever, did not know what girly meant almost two years ago when we met. Of course he will deny this now, what with the threat of public exposure. But he didn't. I clearly recall the conversation in which in a moment of girliness I asked him if he considered me to be "girly". He fumbled around for an answer, barely concealing the fact that he was doing him fish-outa-water impression. I gently explained what I meant and he dutifully said, "yes my dear, you're girly" He was lying through his pearly whites of course. I'm far from girly but do have my moments!

Now, two years later I'm breaking it down for you, because you will no doubt wonder why I spend so much of my time writing about inconsequential things that are of little importance to anyone else and the reason is;

I'm a Girl! And I have no aspiration of spawning another Juno.

Once in while, spurred no doubt by having no other recourse to vent my layman political opinions I will venture a post in that genre. Do not expect it to not be laced with ridiculous metaphors often of a facetious nature.

Just in case we're wondering what a "Girly Blog" would entail, here are a few topics likely to be discussed.
1. My obsessive compulsion to make all labels face front when packing the cupboard.
2. How I love TJ and sometimes, when I wanna make what I am now convinced will be a dedicated female-heavy reading list, how TJ lurves me! *know what I'm sayin' tone here*
3. My Gay Best Friend.
4. My children.
5. The benefits of comfort eating...

Okay you get my drift. Most important of are what I've listed. Do not fasten your seatbelts. It is unlikely to be bumpy ride! Stock up on good coffee and be rest assured no post will ever exceed one cigaratte break or half a cup of coffee.

That being said, I should tell you, I'm crazy bout TJ, he will be featuring quite extensively in future posts. Poor darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew your piece on this patchwork