Thursday, February 18, 2010

My late Valentine

I had to go out of town for the day today and when I came home, my kids had a surprise for me!

A Valentine's present!

They'd picked some flowers from the garden and the little one wore a devilish expression that alerted me right away something fun was about to happen. My little one is the light of my life really, her eyes dance with mischief everyday and yet, her hands are never found in the cookie jar. Just last week I discovered that with some daredevil fellow first graders they had led a sneak out of school attempt, trying to save themselves the 5-minute wait to be picked up from school. I wonder if she would have made her way three blocks down to our streets.

Anyway, they gave me a beautiful photo of the both of them. It was framed in a gorgeous frame and they had made the photo black and white, just the way I like it. When I saw the photo I just cried because it was such a wonderful present. The poor darlings were confused but glad when I told them I loved it.

While I might sneer at the thought of Valentine and grumble about it be an exploitation, I love getting gifts. Who doesn't eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew your piece on this patchwork