Friday, March 12, 2010

Sigh (no other headline would suffice)

I'm currently just barely holding on to my patience in many areas of my life.

The final blow came in the form of my daughter, pre-senior year and therefore thinking tiresomely about the "future", who seems to think she's destined to be a fashion designer after years of wanting to be in politics, law or medicine.

Yesterday she was showing me brochures of this college that teaches fashion design blah blah blah! Arg!

I wanted to say, "you will study law, you will get a degree, you will get a job and then, only then will you be free to pursue your stupid dreams!"

I'm probably a bad mother. But the thought of funding a fashion design degree for such an intelligent child just pisses me off. I'm also aware that I wanted to be a lawyer and could possibly be living through her. But more importantly, I do not believe she has the staying power to pursue a career in the arts. She's a very clear cut person and I somehow doubt she'll be able to kiss ass as incumbent. As I said, I'm probably a bad mother but all this is just making unreasonably angry. It's like another fucking thing not going write.

Arg!

1 comment:

  1. I kinda feel you. My current battle is getting the knucklehead to want to do ANYTHING! Its driving me barmy!

    ReplyDelete

Sew your piece on this patchwork